一、交際用語 （共計 10 分，每小題 2 分）
1. - I was worried about my math, but Mr. White gave me an A.
A. That’s an easy course.
C. Mr. White is very good.
2. - Hi, Helen, I’ll have an interview tomorrow. I’m afraid I can’t make it.
A. Sure, you can. Take it easy.
B. I’m sorry to hear that.
C. That’s all right.
3. 一 Should I leave earlier tomorrow morning?
A. Yes, it’s better to leave earlier to avoid the morning traffic.
B. Yes, you will.
C. No, you won’t.
4. 一 How do you think of the theme of our event?
A. It’s pretty good.
B. I feel so sorry about that.
C. I’d like to have some tea.
一 It will be held on the 3rd floor of Shakiraton Hotel.
A. When will you give a speech?
B. Does your speech still go on?
C. What is the address of your speech?
二、詞匯與結構（ 共計 30 分，每小題 2 分）
6-20 題：閱讀下面的句子，從 A,B、C 三個選項中選出一個能填入空白處的正確選項，并將答案序號寫在題前括號內。
6. He was alwaysin sharing his enormous knowledge.
A. generous B. generation C. generate
7. His action is alwayswith his words.
A. constant B. continuous C. consistent
8. - Can you go skating with us this afternoon?
一 Sorry， I can’t. Itake care of my little sister at home.
A. could B. may C. have to
9. - Whose textbook is this?
- ItJohn’s. It has his name on it.
A. can’t be B. must be C. might be
10. I’m writing toa position as a computer engineer in your company.
A. thank for B. wait for C. apply for
11. You can try these methods to keep your interview anxietycontrol.
A. under B. on C. with
12.a company really wants is a candidatehas the right skills.
A. What ...that B. That...what C. That...that
13. These tips may help you avoidbad employees for your company.
A. to hire B. hiring C. hire
14. Write the telephone number downyou forget.
A. on case B. in case C. under case
15. Does his absenceto your work?
A. make a difference B. take all the credit C. bring about
16. American young people would ratheradvice from strangers.
A. get B. getting C. got
17. you prepare cross training plans, you need to consider both the company benefits and the employee benefits.
A. Although B. Even if C. As
18. The success of our event isto the sponsor.
A. related B. based C. intended
19. Your long-term success in event planning will be based the experience you had.
A. to B. on C. of
20. the feedback is very helpful for planning future meetings and events.
A. Get B. Getting C. To get
三、閱讀理解（共 40 分，每小題 4 分）
21-25 題：閱讀下列短文，從 A,B、C 三個選項中選出一個正確答案，并將答案序號寫在題前括號內。
PPHC and Gooseneck are two organizations that do similar community work. Each has hired a new staff member to make contact with and provide services to new parents.
Elaine has accepted a job with PPHC. She has a degree in psychology but has never done this type of work before. On her first day, after showing her to her desk and introducing her to colleagues, the director gives her a town map and a list of the names of the families she will be responsible for, and wishes her luck. After lunch, Elaine sets out to contact the families, worried about what she’ll do or say when she meets them.
Mark has a degree similar to Elaine’s, and has just been hired by Gooseneck. On his first day, he learns that his job will consist of training for the next week. Mark spends two days going on family visits with experienced staff members, and discusses with them what they did and why. He role-plays some situations with other staff members, and gets some direct instruction from them. By the following week, when he’s on his own, he feels he has a pretty good idea of what he needs to do, and how to go about it. And he knows that his training will continue.
Which situation would you rather be in, being thrown into the thick of things with no training or being trained to prepare for the work you’re going to do?
21. What are PPHC and Gooseneck?
A. They are two companies that do similar business.
B. They are two organizations that do different community work.
C. They are two organizations that do similar community work.
22. Which degree does Elaine have?
A. Psychology degree.
B. Physiology degree.
C. Sociology degree.
23. Which of the following statements is true according to the passage?
A. Elaine has done this type of community work so her organization doesn’t provide staff training.
B. Mark has a clear idea of his job after the training.
C. Mark knows his training comes to an end.
24. How is Mark trained to be prepared for his work?
A. Mark spends two days on family visits with experienced staff members and discuss with them.
B. Mark role-plays some situations with other staff members and gets some direct instruction from them.
C. Both A and B.
25. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. The importance of training.
B. Different training ways.
C. Elaine’s and Mark’s work experience.
Hiring the right employee is a challenging process for a company. A bad hire not just wastes your time and money, but also impacts the team spirit and company morale. A good hire, however, pays you back in employee productivity,successful employment relationship, and business culture enhancement. Here are certain rules that you can use to select the right employee.
Design an effective advertisement. A clearly targeted ad. attracts qualified candidates and discourages others.You can make your ad. More effective with a precise and specific job description.
Ask the right job interview questions. The purpose of the interview is to find out if the candidate is a strong fit to your business. By using a sequence of particularly designed questions, you are able to get a true picture of your potential employee.
Check backgrounds and references. Background checking helps you reduce risks and improve the overall quality of hire. You need to verify that all the presented credentials, skills, and experience are actually possessed by your candidate.
( F ) 26. Hiring the wrong employee is expensive, costly to a company, and time consuming.
( F ) 27. A company has to spend a lot of money hiring a right employee.
( F ) 28. An advertisement with a clear target will make all candidates lose courage.
( T ) 29. Well designed interview questions can help you know more about the candidates.
( T ) 30. Work experience is one of the primary things for an employer to verify in background checking.
四、翻譯（ 共計 20 分，每小題 4 分）
31. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
32. The old saying “practice makes perfect” applies to interviewing too.
33. We can’t possibly get the work done by October.
34. They have disagreement on the plan of celebrating the founding of the community.
35. This involves identifying the high-level reasoning behind your intentions for the event.
A. 這也包含了此次活動的主要目 的和意義。
一、交際用語 ( 共計 10 分，每小題 2 分）
1. - Would you mind filling the questionnaire for me?
A. No problem. Just give me your questionnaire.
B. Sorry I can’t go there.
C. I really appreciate that.
2. - Can you stay here longer?